Farm Consultation & Start-Up
To be directed to our Initial Consultation Questionnaire, please CLICK HERE. Once form is submitted, please expect a response within 48 hours.
Four Season Tools offers a range of consulting services to fit client needs. We work with rural and urban farmers working to either convert new land into a food production space or with existing farms looking to improve or expand production systems. Agriculture Specialist and Founder Mike Bollinger is our primary educator and has been actively engaged in the field of local food production for many years. With experience supporting farms across the country, he brings with him a unique perspective on efficient year-round farming systems. As a land management advisor, he provides services that have the potential to increase productivity, lower costs, and provide more quality products for an extended part of the year.
Some examples of our consulting services include:
1. Turn-Key Farm Design: Visioning & Design, Implementation, Long-Term Management
2. Training in high tunnel production techniques, movable high tunnel strategy, and indoor fertility management
3. Customized farm growing plans, including succession planting, crop rotation advice, and space efficiency
4. Additional assistance with crop selection, relative crop value, progressive season extension using low tunnels, etc.
5. Farm and garden tools/supplies: From hand tools and soil blockers to irrigation supplies and BCS walk behind tractors.
- Consultation fees are $100.00/hr plus travel expenses
- Non-profits and education-based training operations receive a 15% discount
If you're interested in discussing your farm, please fill out our Initial Consultation Questionnaire or, if you have more general questions, please email Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mike, as both a farmer and teacher, speaks all over the USA about sustainable food production. He has lots of experience giving workshops/discussions on all sorts of informative topics such as season extension techniques using mobile high tunnels, tools for the small farm, creating growing plans, and more. He has spoken at several conferences including those hosted by Great Plains Vegetable Growers, PASA, Iowa State, Seed Savers Exchange, Practical Farmers of Iowa, and several more.
- Fees for speaking at conferences are negotiated depending upon the nature of the conference, how many are attending, and the conference charge. Fees always include expenses: car travel, airplane, lodging, and food.
- Fees for other speaking engagements are also negotiated. Mike is willing to speak to any size group as long as his expenses are covered.
For a flyer about our farm consultation services, CLICK HERE.
For photos relating to our farm consultation services, CLICK HERE.