At Four Season Tools, we believe a systematic approach allows for more efficient operation of any sized agricultural operation. We aim to offer a large line of tools that adopt the techniques and principles used for centuries and apply them specifically to small-scale, intensive production. These tools are purpose-built and designed to be used together, enhancing the functionality of each individual tool. We provide tools and systems for every stage of a crop's life cycle, from initial ground preparation to harvest.
We promote the 30" bed system for a variety of reasons:
- Maximizes usable space within a Four Season Tools high tunnel
- 30" width allows many individuals to reach across, or stand over, entire bed
- Uniform width provides simple, standard spacing options
- Maximizes yields per square foot using intensive growing methods
- Standardizes equipment necessary to manage growing plots
- Raised beds enhance drainage and air circulation in areas that need it